On hiatus:

///Be Back Soon///

///In the meantime, read my posts, comment, contact me///

Monday 5 November 2007

OPINION: Honesty. Is It Worth The Risk...

June 21st 2006:

When in a relationship is it right to always be honest and forthcoming about the way you feel?

See when you're always honest about your feelings, you run the risk of leaving yourself open, to whatever the other person decides to throw your way.

Supposing you do. You're aware of all the risks, but at the time you don't think they apply to you, so you're honest. And you're left open. Wide open.

Is that a classic example of stupid?

I often wonder, because I have done it.

Twice in fact.

The thing is when I enter into a relationship I like to give it my all. That includes my honesty. It seems to be a part of me that cannot be changed. And yet it is always the part of me that leaves me open. Wide open. Thus rendering me vulnerable and subject to hurt.

Who do I blame?

If I am unable to change an integral part of my personality, then I guess there is only one thing I can do.

Stop being a willing participant in relationships where my honesty is not appreciated, but taken advantage of or simply ignored.

Is it that I'm simply not ready, or they're not ready...

Which is it?


© Rachelle Hull 2006

1 comment:

Ayango said...

Honesty takes you places that you did not want to go..lol but in the end.. I guess it is worth it.. at least in ones own heart and mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails