On hiatus:

///Be Back Soon///

///In the meantime, read my posts, comment, contact me///

Sunday 4 November 2007

THOUGHTS: Winter tis the season!

October 23rd 2006:


For many, the Winter season consists of shorter, darker days and chilly evenings culminating into a miserable time of year. For me however, these all form part of the attraction.


Giant lampposts light up my journey home, their rays reflecting off freshly fallen raindrops. As they glisten and sparkle I truly believe that Winter is an enchanting time, magical even.

Living in the city during the month of December I forget about the smog and grey buildings, as they are brought to life by an array of fairy lights: all different colours, shapes and sizes. I see Christmas characters: reindeer, Santa and stockings and Disney characters too. I feel like a child as I stand in awe, looking up at the bright lights-a marvellous contrast against the midnight sky.



Even Mother Nature lends a helping hand to create this magical world for me. The sight of crisp white snow is a beautiful sight indeed and the usually sullied streets look clean and inviting. Icicles form on railings and underneath window sills, creating a crystal-like decoration.


Cosy nights in include rain washing against my window, a good book or film and a cup of hot chocolate or (depending on my mood) a glass of white wine. And although I don't have a fireplace with all the trimmings, central heating works just fine lol



If nothing else, Winter is most definitely the most fashionable season of the year. Bodies incased in long, tailored coats made from luxurious fabrics: tweed, lambswool and cashmere. Necks wrapped in brightly coloured scarves, with matching hat and gloves. Jeans tucked into supple leather boots: slouched or knee high, chocolate or black, stiletto or kitten.


I truly adore Winter.



© Rachelle Hull 2006

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails