On hiatus:

///Be Back Soon///

///In the meantime, read my posts, comment, contact me///

Monday 5 November 2007

OPINION: Suicide-Can It Ever Be The Right Choice?

June 23rd 2006:

I recently watched part of a film where a couple made a pact to end their lives together; one of them dies and one of them survives. It becomes a murder case when pieces of evidence suggest something other than a suicide. I didn't watch the whole film, so I am unaware about the outcome. But it got me thinking...



Suicide is a taboo topic amongst many people, regardless of why it is committed. Many people seem to think it is selfish, or an easy way out. But what if it were the right choice for that person? They may seriously feel they no longer needed to be on Earth, that either their life has run it's course, or they never had any purpose to begin with.





I myself have flitted between the opinion that a person who commits suicide is a coward or a brave person. Either way, what does it matter. Maybe they are just somebody who is ready to go, or thinks they are ready to go.





The point is, they no longer want to be here; and when someone no longer wants to be somewhere, they leave...and sometimes they leave for good.



© Rachelle Hull 2006

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails