On hiatus:

///Be Back Soon///

///In the meantime, read my posts, comment, contact me///

Sunday 4 November 2007

OPINION: Size Zero: A 'Skinny' Perspective

April 24th 2007:



I understand everybody's (so-called) concern about the size of models, but seriously this is getting beyond ridiculous!



How many programmes of people, who are trying to slim down to a size US 0/ UK 2, must I put up with? Do they really think the British public are that stupid to believe a size 12/14 (UK) person or someone who is naturally big boned will be able to do this following a healthy diet?



I am aware many things are manipulated to make a point, but I cannot stand the manipulation of this issue. It is ludicrous to suggest that some people in this world are not naturally slim, skinny, thin or whichever adjective you choose to use. And yes I am aware that models are encouraged to lose weight and look like a matchstick, but there are many women who are naturally very slim. Let me just repeat this point: there are many women who are naturally very slim and I am one of them!


I am sick to the back (of my white) teeth, of seeing women trying to drastically lose weight by eating nothing but a celery stick and drinking soup from a blasted straw and then have the bare faced cheek to state that being this slim is unhealthy. Starving yourself is unhealthy, all people with sense know this.



I don't have an issue with people who are bigger than me, I have an issue with those who feel it's ok to turn around and make comments about people who are slimmer. It's practically taboo to tell someone who is fat or chubby to stop eating, or they need to loose weight-but the same doesn't apply to people like me. The amount of times I have had people tell me I need to eat more, or I need to put on weight LMAO! And these are people who know next to nothing about my lifestyle and thus my eating habits. I often grin and bear it, but I swear the next person to suggest that I am lacking in nourishment I will put them firmly in their place, because quite frankly it is rude.



Seriously, is it an anomaly for a woman to be naturally slim...and not just naturally slim, but actually happy to be that way?



© Rachelle Hull 2007

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails